Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bang, meet your replacement, Whimper

I've come to the conclusion that there are some key ingredients that that the average every-single-day blogger has that I do not. I've done some research (read: "didn't have anything to do today at work") and I need to acquire one or more of the following:

- A baby, either in or out of utero
- The belief that everyone on the internet is interested in the progress I am making on my novel
- The time and ability to distill the random items I find on the internet into a cohesive, entertaining whole.
- An unnervingly intense passion for a book or television show and a passionate devotion to the fan-media generated thereby.
- A complicated and rapidly dissolving relationship and absolutely no respect for the privacy of my partner in said relationship
- A paycheck.

Since none of these items seems to immediate forthcoming, I'm reassessing the idea of posting every day, which I obviously have failed at doing. There is a lot to be said for only speaking when you have something to say.

No comments: