Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What the hell is wrong with you?

So, you may have noticed that my behavior has been, shall we say, erratic lately. Either I never call you or I call you all the time. I never eat. I eat constantly. I don't sleep at all. I sleep for 15 hours and then take a nap. Nothing is ever cleaned. Everything is clean. I drink too much. I stopped going to the gym. Somehow, I keep losing weight. I've gone from mercurial to wildly unpredictable.

My God, you say, why didn't I see it before? She's developed a serious drug problem! To which I say, have not. Yeah right, you say. And I say, no, really, this is what's happened:

1.) My livelihood and my cause are hanging in the balance in this election. Literally, if John McCain wins, I will be unemployed in 6 months to a year. Planned Parenthood will not be able to continue in its current incarnation. Big picture, millions of women will be left behind, without birth control, without basic health care, without access to abortion. It's that bad. It's that serious. I am terrified.
2.) On the topic of my job, I'm doing the work of 3 people and being paid the salary of of maybe one of them. Maybe. It's very frustrating, it's very difficult.
3.) All the plans I had for my future are gone. It's not anyone's fault, people change, blah blah blah fishcakes, but I am not handling it well. I had envisioned my life a certain way, with another person, and that's not happening. Again, no one's fault, it's probably a change for the best, but it's it sucks to deal with.
4.) It also sucks to deal with the transition from couple to not couple. You become really accustomed to having a partner, someone who can bail you out, hold your hand, someone you can count on to be there. My partner, my main support system, is gone, and I'm in a new house with new people. Not entirely new, of course, but I can't come home any more and lean on someone.
5.) My family is insane. Period.

So, this is me, trying to explain what's been going on. Things have been difficult. I'm trying to stack the blocks back up, get things back on track, but it's going to take a little while. We apologize for the inconvenience.

No comments: